Pages

March 16, 2013

Stage Make-up

I play the main character in a play which has some kind of typical dirty dancing plot. At first my character can't dance at all. She is terribly ashamed of it. To win back her big love, she needs to become the queen of salsa dancing...

Thus I've got two different looks. Look 1 is innocent and cute, while Look 2 is a vampy style.

Look 1 - innocent and cute

 

Look 2 - vamp

 

Between Look 1 (innocent and cute) and Look 2 (vamp) I only changed the blush and lipstick color. Sorry for the bad image quality in the second picture. I was already backstage between different performances and it was dark, thus the flash gave me some unnatural skin color...

Make-up on stage needs to be a lot stronger than in real life. Thus there's a ton of products in the following pictures. At least for me, there is but I know some people use that as daily routines... If I did, I would have to become a lot more time-efficient. My make-up takes about an hour before I go on stage.

 

 

 

Foundation

So I start with my fake beauty blender (A) and my Maybelline foundation Matti Teint in Natural Beige (1), followed by the Maybelline pure.cover mineral concealer #01 nude beige (2) for under-eye circles and redness around the nose, using (A) as well. I applied my Manhattan clear compact powder #75 beige (3) with the Ebelin professional powder brush (B) all over my face and using the Ebelin professional concealer brush (E) below the eye, continued by the P2 bronzer sunshine powder #030 Bali heat (4) using the Ebelin professional blush brush (C).

Blushes

For Look 1 I chose Manhattan Oktoberfest limited edition Wiesn Fever (5a) as blush, using Ebelin professional blush brush (D), bought in 2012 - I think, that's why it looks so different from brush (C).

For Look 2 I chose both Mac's Love Joy blush (5c) and Sleek's Scandalous blush (5b) as highlight, using the same brush (D).

Eye Priming

Now, using my fingers I primed my eyelids with Essence I <3 Stage base (6), followed by Essence Ballerina Backstage LE - Eye Soufflé #01 (7) dance the swan lake all over the lid and under the brow bow. Then, I put Maybelline Color Tattoo #40 Permanent Taupe or #35 Tough as Taupe in the US (8) on the small lid and in the outer corner of the eyes and blended everything out. After that, I continued with Essence Ballerina Backstage LE - Eye Soufflé #03 Grand-Plié in Black (9) on the small lid, followed by Milani's Liquif'eye metallic eye liner pencil #01 black (10) to tightline the upper and lower lash line as well as to amplify the outer corner of my eyes. Again, my ring finger had to do the blending.

After each color, I need to wash my hands because it is so messy...

Eyeshadows

Then, I set everything with eyeshadow. Using my black Sigma tapered blending brush E40 (F), I applied P2 matte dream eyeshadow #050 rose charm (11) all over the inner eye lid and up to the eyebrows. Using the Ebelin professional eye shadow brush (H), I applied Essence matte dream Eyeshadow #010 black attitude (13) on the small lid as well as Manhattan Mat Effect Eyeshadow in #1010N Mat Black (14) in the outer corner. For blending purposes I applied P2 matte dream eyeshadow #070 grey pleasure (12) with Sigma's slightly smaller tapered blending brush E35 (G) to avoid any harsh lines.

Eyebrows

For my eyebrows I used Catrice eyebrow set with Essence eyeliner brush (K). I always start off with the lighter color and continue with the darker color, if my make-up is more dramatic. Otherwise the lighter color is enough.

Eyeliner

I've got a new favorite black gel eye liner. It's the Maybelline Eyestudio lasting drama 24h in #01 intense black (16). So much better than Essence or Catrice because it doesn't smudge! I always apply it with Sigma's eyeliner brush E05 (I). After that, Sigma tightliner E16 (J) helps me to set it with the Manhattan black eyeshadow (14).

Fake lashes

My Japanese Canmake fake lashes #10 (17) are solidly glued to my eyelids with the Artdeko lash glue (18). They haven't fallen off yet, even though I was dancing on stage for quite some time...

I can tell you, it's quite some work to put these fake lashes into the famous Shu Uemara lash curler (19), blending in my natural lashes. Because these lashes are so freaking dramatic already, I don't use any mascara. I'm also quite lazy, I wouldn't want to get it off again...

Highlighting

To highlight my inner corners of my eyes as well as the brow bone, I use Catrice made to stay highlighter pen #010 eye like (20) and the eyeshadow MNY 600A (21).

Lips

For Look 1 I chose Revlon's Super Lucious - Wink for Pink (22a), while I needed a little more drama for Look 2, using Essence lip liner #08 red blush (22b) and Mac's famous Russian Red (22c).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to read your opinion! :)

Labels

ABDC (4) Alexa Eden (1) apartment (4) Apple (3) Austria (1) Award (1) bachelorette party (2) Balea (3) Ballerina (1) beach (1) Beauty Products (25) Beijing (4) Berlin (1) Bern (1) Body Rock (2) Books (1) Breakdance (2) Bubblegum (1) Business (1) California (2) Camera Stand (1) Candle (1) Catrice (1) China (4) Chinese traditions (3) Circle Lenses (1) Cirque du Soleil (1) Contact Lenses (1) Cupcakes (1) Dance (17) Dessert (4) Deutsch (1) diet (1) DIY (1) DM (1) Dominican Republic (23) drugstore (2) Ebay (2) ELF (1) Empties (2) Essence (2) Essie (1) False lashes (2) Family (2) Fashion (5) flowers (2) Food (28) Fruit (1) funny (1) Geneva (1) Germany (3) Gifts (1) Glamour shopping week (1) Glasses (1) green tea (2) Hair (1) Hamburg (1) Heidelberg (3) Hilty and Bosch (1) Hip Hop (12) Hip Hop International (2) Holidays (1) Hot Pot (1) Hotel (2) How I met yout mother (1) IaMmE (1) iPad (2) iPhone App (1) Jabbawockeez (1) Japan (6) Japanese (1) Jewelry (1) Job Application (6) Kaba Modern (2) Kleiderkreisel (1) Larimar (1) Las Vegas (1) Les Twins (1) Life (43) Locking (3) Lübeck (1) Mac (2) Make-Up (16) Manhattan (1) Mannheim (5) Masks (1) Maybelline (2) Metro (1) Michael Jackson (3) Montreux (4) Music (1) Music Video (1) Musical (1) nailart (3) nailpolish (11) nails (1) New Style (5) Oldschool (3) OPI (1) Outfit (22) P2 (4) Pacman (1) Parfume (1) Parris Goebel (1) Percussion (1) perfume (2) pet (1) Phillip Chbeeb (1) photoshooting (2) Physical Funk (1) Physicists (1) Physics (2) Popping (3) Purse (1) Random (21) rant (4) Reading (1) Recipe (7) Request (1) Restaurant (7) Review (14) Royal Family (1) Running (1) Runtastic (1) S**t Kingz (1) Salsa (3) San Diego (2) Shaun Evaristo (1) Shoes (4) Shopping (32) Skoobe (1) Snacks (2) social media (1) Sorority (1) Sports (1) Subway (1) Sushi (2) Switzerland (6) SYTYCD (1) Tagged (8) Taiwan (9) Taxi (1) Tips and Tricks (1) Tops (2) Transportation (3) Travel (55) TV show (3) USA (8) Vienna (1) Vogue (1) Voguing (1) wedding (10) weight loss (2) Whacking (1) Whitening Creme (1) Zumba (1)