We need the following ingredients for 12 little muffin cups (mine are made of silicon):
Follow these instructions:
- Beat the eggs with an electric whisk.
- Add 4 tbs sugar and the vanilla sugar.
- Slowly add the milk and stir until everything is creamy.
- Meanwhile lightly heat the other 6 tbs sugar in a sauce pan until it's caramelized but be careful it shouldn't be too dark.
- Put one tbs of caramel into each muffin cup, add the egg milk as above.
- Use a big casserole to make a water bath for the flan.
- Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Leave it in the oven for 1 hour at 200*C.
Use silicon muffin cups because it's easier to clean when there is caramel residue.
If you don't have any, you can always use a small casserole instead. The advantage will be that there won't be as much residue for some reason, but the downside is that it doesn't look as fancy.