Pages

October 6, 2014

Life is what happens while you're making plans.

September was my vacation month. It was amazing. Who wouldn't love it? And it was truly relaxing... When I was back at the office, everyone told me so too. 

Since I'm back, I'm trying to catch up on work. This week-end is the first week-end without any plans since I'm back.

The first week-end I spent with my goddaughter and her baptism. How do you parents handle all that? I don't find it relaxing at all. It's fun, sure. That little girl is so cute and precious but I'm glad I don't take care of her every day... I guess I'm not ready to have babies yet...

Last week I went to Berlin to join a conference. Sunday I came back. Yes, even on the German national holiday I worked. Monday I went to France and Tuesday I came back. My parents came over spontaneously but I only saw them Sunday evening. Of course I was deadly tired from my trip and the next morning was short as I had to leave for work. 

Conferences are a funny thing... I've joined a couple in my scientific life but I never saw the other side. This was the first conference as a host. And it's even more exhausting than as a guest. You have to be the first in the morning and the last in the evening. Always being nice, making conversation, meeting new people, making them feel welcome. Even dinner is work. No matter how great the food is and how much you like your colleagues, it's still exhausting. 

I'm really glad I don't work in sales... It would drive me nuts. My home would be a mess, I wouldn't do any sports or have any friends. Finding balance is important. That's why this week-end it's just my boyfriend and me enjoying our free time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to read your opinion! :)

Labels

ABDC (4) Alexa Eden (1) apartment (4) Apple (3) Austria (1) Award (1) bachelorette party (2) Balea (3) Ballerina (1) beach (1) Beauty Products (25) Beijing (4) Berlin (1) Bern (1) Body Rock (2) Books (1) Breakdance (2) Bubblegum (1) Business (1) California (2) Camera Stand (1) Candle (1) Catrice (1) China (4) Chinese traditions (3) Circle Lenses (1) Cirque du Soleil (1) Contact Lenses (1) Cupcakes (1) Dance (17) Dessert (4) Deutsch (1) diet (1) DIY (1) DM (1) Dominican Republic (23) drugstore (2) Ebay (2) ELF (1) Empties (2) Essence (2) Essie (1) False lashes (2) Family (2) Fashion (5) flowers (2) Food (28) Fruit (1) funny (1) Geneva (1) Germany (3) Gifts (1) Glamour shopping week (1) Glasses (1) green tea (2) Hair (1) Hamburg (1) Heidelberg (3) Hilty and Bosch (1) Hip Hop (12) Hip Hop International (2) Holidays (1) Hot Pot (1) Hotel (2) How I met yout mother (1) IaMmE (1) iPad (2) iPhone App (1) Jabbawockeez (1) Japan (6) Japanese (1) Jewelry (1) Job Application (6) Kaba Modern (2) Kleiderkreisel (1) Larimar (1) Las Vegas (1) Les Twins (1) Life (43) Locking (3) Lübeck (1) Mac (2) Make-Up (16) Manhattan (1) Mannheim (5) Masks (1) Maybelline (2) Metro (1) Michael Jackson (3) Montreux (4) Music (1) Music Video (1) Musical (1) nailart (3) nailpolish (11) nails (1) New Style (5) Oldschool (3) OPI (1) Outfit (22) P2 (4) Pacman (1) Parfume (1) Parris Goebel (1) Percussion (1) perfume (2) pet (1) Phillip Chbeeb (1) photoshooting (2) Physical Funk (1) Physicists (1) Physics (2) Popping (3) Purse (1) Random (21) rant (4) Reading (1) Recipe (7) Request (1) Restaurant (7) Review (14) Royal Family (1) Running (1) Runtastic (1) S**t Kingz (1) Salsa (3) San Diego (2) Shaun Evaristo (1) Shoes (4) Shopping (32) Skoobe (1) Snacks (2) social media (1) Sorority (1) Sports (1) Subway (1) Sushi (2) Switzerland (6) SYTYCD (1) Tagged (8) Taiwan (9) Taxi (1) Tips and Tricks (1) Tops (2) Transportation (3) Travel (55) TV show (3) USA (8) Vienna (1) Vogue (1) Voguing (1) wedding (10) weight loss (2) Whacking (1) Whitening Creme (1) Zumba (1)